What is Personal Information?
Personal information is personally identifiable information. Examples of personal information that we may collect, use and disclose include your contact information (name, address, phone number or email address), your billing information (credit card number or banking information), and other information that you may provide to us. Personal information does not include publicly available information or business contact information.
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
In most cases, we will collect personal information directly from you when you purchase or interact with us or the Website about a product or service that we offer or provide (for example, when you subscribe to the newspaper or a newsletter or when you email us or contact us through the Website). Occasionally, we may collect personal information from a third party based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
We identify the purposes for which we may collect, use and disclose your personal information at the time that we collect such information. Such purposes include:
- providing and delivering products or services to you;
- responding to your inquiries;
- sending you newsletters and offers of products, services and events;
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements;
- notifying you about changes to our services and sending you offering of new products and services; and
- internal business purposes such as administering or improving our Website.
For example, when you use the Website, you will be given the option of:
- receiving recurring informational newsletters via email from us
- receiving offers of products, services and events; and
- participating in contests and other promotions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We only share or disclose personal information to other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- we have your consent;
- we have a good faith belief that access, use or disclosure of personal information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (c) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of, Magmatic Consulting, its users or the public;
- as required or permitted by law; and
- to another entity as part of a merger, a sale of assets or all or part of a business, or any other corporate change or re-organization. We will NOT sell or rent your personal information to anyone in any case and any price.
Access to your Personal Information
You may request access and/or corrections to your personal information. We will make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
If we reject your request for a correction, we will make a notation of such request and rejection on your file or personal information. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, or would jeopardize the privacy of others.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information for as long as required for legal or business purposes or as required by law.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your personal information in our possession or control from loss or theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
However, given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis and across networks not owned and/or operated by us. Therefore, by browsing the Website, communicating electronically with us and purchasing goods and/or services, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal information in this way and agree that we are not responsible for any personal information which is lost, altered, intercepted or stored without authorization during transmission.
QUESTIONS AND ENFORCEMENT
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your personal information should be forwarded to our privacy representative as follows:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When we receive formal written complaints at these addresses, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints that cannot be resolved between us and an individual. If you are located in British Columbia, you may also contact the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia at P.O. Box 9038, Stn. Prov. Govt., Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 9A4, tel. (250) 387-5629, fax (250) 387-1696.